Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Our Move from H-E-Double Hockey Sticks

I started packing House #3 Memorial day weekend and must pat myself on the pack for how organized I was this move.  I packed the 90% of the house myself while hubby manned the kids and got it all done with very minimal thrown into random boxes on move day.

Because the T/H is so much smaller, we put a majority of our things into a garage at the townhouse the weekend before our actual move (6/16).  About 1 hour after the moving truck leaves the complex, one of the leasing agents tells me we moved into the WRONG garage . . . I tried to calmly explain to her that the garage door opener that was given to us ONLY OPENS ONE GARAGE - the one we paid movers for 5 hours to just strategically load so all would fit.  The person who has been renting that same garage for his AUDI, would not switch with us and 5 days later (6/21) we had to have the movers come back, unpack the garage, reload their truck, unload the truck and unpack the garages again - this time in only 2 hours! Then the next day (6/22) they were back to move us into the T/H. So by June 23rd, my favorite movers in Charlotte - TNT Moving, who has now moved us to 5 different houses - hung out with the Bergers 3 times in one week - I may be there best client for the mth of June.

Hubby and I are pretty crazy - we are both neat, clean, and OCD, so I had all the boxes unpacked and the townhouse organized in less than 24 hours.  We were lucky that hubby's parents (Lulu and Grand-crops) took the Berger Babes for the night so I could unpack without "help".  Once they came back Saturday, we were good to go and spent the rest of the weekend at the pool.  Our move did not start off on a good foot, but we made it.  I will keep my fingers crossed in hopes that this event will be the only hiccup in our move / build process for house #4 - but who am I kidding . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment