Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The house is actually looking like a house

I know, I know.  I am the WORST BLOGGER EVER!  I cannot believe I have not posted in TWO MONTHS.  Obviously, this post will be one to update you from where I have left off with the house and a future (very close future) post will be about the babes!

The last few homes we did, I could make decisons in a snap, this house has proven a little more difficult.  I know it is because I feel like there are such high expectations for this house and it has to be so different and just as great (if not better) than our last one (across the street) - I did good last house, so need to do the same here people!

Our last house was a version of my dream house - I could have stayed forever.  This house will be the same - I would be happy to stay till we are old and gray, but have a feeling we might only stay a few years and move on to the next project - it is how we roll.  I have to "design" it as my dream house, but keep it classic and neutral for the selling aspect If it were my forever house, I would splurge on a few extra items.  Everything we are putting in this house is amazing, but I am not including every little detail I dream of, or that $1000+ light fixture I really want for MY CLOSET, because I can't take it all with me :)

Picking out tile has been the WORST.  I knew what I wanted since the day we broke ground, but a few of my selections were on back order, which gave me time to think  - too much time.  Because of all this extra time, I started to doubt myself (and Hubby did not like one of my selections).  Once my master bath floor tile was delayed even longer, I started making some changes - which delayed tile install, which makes hubby not so happy.  Delayed tile, delays, cabinets, which delays counters, which delays plumbing final, and so on - OOPS!  Let's be honest - I have 4.5 bathrooms, which means a lot of tile choices for walls, floors and shower floors - in my dream house, I would do subway tile in every bath, but this might be someone else's dream house and tile is not something that can easily be changed . . . I had designers block I guess.  Anyway - all my tile is selected and install is almost complete - Pics to come SOON - I PROMISE!

Paint colors were another hard decision.  I have some go to colors, but as I tested them on the wall, NONE worked in this house - RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET - they were all wrong.  Also, the finishes in the house are a little cooler than the last, so needed to find a paint color that was warm and cool all in one.  I will "reveal" colors with pictures of the actual room as they are completed.

Now I am on to lighting - OH MAN.  Hubby and I are not agreeing on lighting, so I have ordered a few options (literally) for each room - my S&H bills back and forth are going to cost me a pretty penny, but if I did not have them physically ready when electrical final comes around, I would be sleeping in the garage :)


Here are a few pics of all the progress
The car wash - hehehe - Master Shower pre tile install
Our master - pre hardwood and trim install
Upstairs hall - pre hardwood and trim install
The ROCK PILE - which is now gone - this was the kids fav playground for a month!
STAMPED CONCRETE Porches (Screened porch, side stoop and front porch) LOVE THEM!
Screened Porch (minus the doors)
Rear view of screened porch and back patio - house color is a little more blue than it looks here

1 comment:

  1. Hi where did you get the stamps for your concrete or did someone else do it for u? We
    I've in Canada and can't find stamps like that and those are the exact stamps I want for my front porch. Thanks

    ReplyDelete