Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

 
So, what have we been up to?

In mid September, the girls and I went to Baltimore for Uncle M's 30th Birthday - we surprised him at his party - yes, babes are at the bar - and ‎Rosh Hashanah (the jewish New Year).  I try to ensure the girls are exposed to both Judiasm and Christianity since we are an interfaith family.  As always, we had a great trip. Here are a few pictures from our trip - Hubby stayed in NC to get some house stuff accomplished!

Uncle M's little candle helpers

Princess button

Rosh Hashanah Under the Stars

Baltimore boyfriends

Baltimore Boyfriends


Later in September, I took the Bergerbabes (and my in-laws) to the Fresh Beat Band Concert - we went with our neighbors the "NurkBergers".  OMG - my girls are such groupies.  They have been talking about the concert non stop since we left and even decided to be Kiki and Marina for Halloween (pics will be below) - Hubby was on a golf trip but VERY sad to have missed this and is already pumping the girls up for next year - they better come back to NC!!


Fresh Beat Groupies

October is where things got hectic.  Besides working full time, building a house, being a good mommy, a good wife, and a good friend - I volunteered to chair our neighoborhoods Home Tour along with my friend / neighbor (mom of the NurkBergers - who we do just about everything with these days).  It was a lot of work, but the weekend was a success - we raised ~ $8,000 net of expenses and charitable donations.  I sent the babes and hubby to the beach with his parents because I knew I would be MIA all weekend. 



Once the home tour was over, I could start concentrating again on the house ( and the rest of my life).  Low and behold, I got sick - probably from running around crazy the past few weeks.  I was down for the count - it started with a cough, then a stomach flu, bronchitis and almost pneumonia (the girls had bronchitis too).  10 days later, 3 trips to the doctor, 1 shot and 2 perscriptions for me, 1 each for the bergers plus many breathing treatments , I was finally starting to feel better right around Halloween.  We had to miss my grandmother GiGi's unveiling -  a jewish tradition within the year after someone passes away. I was devastated to miss, but the between the girls and I being sick, my parents felt it was not smart to get on a plane . . . poor hubby is now feeling the effects from us all being sick - he has the awful cough now.

Ice cream for all to help soothe our throats


Halloween is one of our favorite Holidays. The girls decided they wanted to be Kiki and Marina and hubby was going to be Twist at request of his bergers.  I was totally on board with this UNTIL I discovered that these costumes are not mass produced / for sale.  Luckily, someone on Etsy could make them, so after a small fortune, here they are, my fresh beats less Twist.  H could not find a hoodie he thought would work and abandoned his mission because of his cough.



On Guitar . . . KiKi



On Drums . . . Marina


Button and her besties

my mini me twin


Here are some other cute pictures of the girls from the last TWO months - JEEZ, I really am a slacker :)

Someone forgot that we only use markers on paper

My shopping partner in crime

Berger's class pet frog Ribbit came home with us for a week

Ursula from the little mermaid

Ariel and the Nurk-Berger Crew

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are feeling better and wow! What a whirlwind of a month. We sold our Fresh Beat tickets because Sophia didn't want to go. She does want to see Katy Perry and that is not going to happen. Poor little girl entering her tweens early. Hope November is better for all of your health!

    ReplyDelete