Friday, August 10, 2012

Easy dinners thanks to Pinterest

I like to think I am a pretty decent cook and baker.  I am not very creative in the kitchen, but can follow a recipe to a T, sometimes substituting healthier options, and things turn out pretty good - my co-workers love my cakes I must say!!!! Working and hanging out with the Babes does not leave much time to cook a gourmet meal.  The kitchen in the townhouse is smaller than my closet at House#3, so makes cooking even harder even if I did have the time.

H is a meat and potatoes kind of guy.  He loves sauces and flavors and for the most part would rather do the dinner cooking while I get the girls bathed and settled for bed - we divide and conquer over here.  Recently, I felt like we were in a dinner rut and eating the same thing every week, so I made a goal to try at least one new Pinterest recipe each week and only repeat if something is a hit.  Luckily we have had a few hits with both H and the Berger Babes - score for me - because this does not happen often.

 



Roasted Cauliflower as a side - it is like popcorn - YUM





I made this Mac and Cheese recipe for the girl this week.  I threw in some pureed cauliflower - HIT!!!  Score momma - sneaking in those veggies!

 




APRICOT CHICKEN.  
This is something my mom used to make at when we were growing up - Mimi is not a cook and if she can do it, anyone can!!!  It is EASY and delicious.  Literally, you cover chicken breast with a jar of apricot jelly and cook till chicken is done!!!!!  SO EASY and SO YUMMY!!!!


I promise, each of these recipes is easy (a few are in the Crockpot which is even better) and all are delicious and healthy for the most part!!!!


Here is a peak at the house - shingles are on - metal roof up next!!!













No comments:

Post a Comment